Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bad Customer Service Complaints

What has happened to friendly and quality service? Please allow me to explain, as here are some examples.

I have been coming to Cayman for many years and have recently experienced some very poor service on this Island.

I took my family to Margaritaville last week. We were seated at a table and after 12 minutes I asked a server walking by if I could please have a menu. She said this is not my section, and pointed over to a man, stating that it was his section. Another 20 minutes gone by and still no service. We left.

We then went to Subway. The server asked what I would like, I placed my order. She then turned around sneezed and without missing a beat asked what kind of bread?

Never covered her face or washed her hands after the sneeze.

We left and ate lunch elsewhere.

The next evening, we went to the Wharf, where the bartender dipped a glass into a bin of ice to fill it with ice. A piece of my glass was chipped and to this day I do not know who is going to get the chip in their mouth.

This same restaurant also has a sign at the bar, gratuities not included, but when you get your bill there is a 15 percent charge.

I shop at Foster’s about two times per week. Upon check out, I cannot even get a thank you from the clerk. How sad!

It seems many of the businesses in Cayman have gone down the tubes. What happened to cashiers saying “Hi” and “Thank You/Bye”, “Have a nice day”, anything?

I spent a lot of money at Kirk Home Centre as well, the clerks here act as if you are lucky that they are cashing you out. Again, no greeting or thank you.

These are consistent everywhere we went. I am sad to see my hard earned dollars are not appreciated in Cayman.

Where is the local health department?

Servers should be trained to follow basic health standards and managers should train for proper customer service.

I was really appalled at the new lower standard of service all through this Island. I do hope it improves.

L. Tomasso

Note: The Cayman Juice strongly agrees that friendliness and attentiveness is missing in the customer service department of most retailers and industries in Grand Cayman. One only notices when they leave the island and go to a place like Trinidad, or Toronto, and then return to Cayman and make the comparison.

No comments: